2019 Summer Junior Academy
2019 SG Tennis Summer Junior Program
Summer Session (May 27th – August 11)
We will offer Junior Academy Clinics on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:30-6:00pm only on the weeks that we are not offering camps. All levels are invited to participate and usual, we will divide the players on court according to level of play. The cost will be $25 per visit. The Junior Academy dates are listed below:
· June 4th and 6th
· June 8th – 15th no Junior Programs
· June 25th and 27th
· July 24th – July 5th there will be no Junior Programs
· July 30th and August 1st
PLEASE SEE CAMP INFORMATION BELOW:
All camps are open to all levels (tournament to beginner players). Players will be placed on court according to their skill levels. Players will be assessed and moved as part of the camp program to challenge each other. Please make checks payable to SG Tennis. All drop in participants for camps will pay $50 per day.
May 27-30 State Qualifying Camp 10:00am - 1:00pm $175 per person
· This camp is for those players preparing for the State Qualifier on May 31- June 5th. Coaches will travel to with players to the tournament in Chattanooga (additional fee applies)
June 17-20 Wolf River Camp (3:00-6:00pm) $225 per person
· This tournament focuses on tournament preparation. Learn how to “play to win”, how to play the big points and how to construct a point. The camp leads into the Wolf River Jr Classic held at St. George’s on June 21-23.
July 8-11 High Performance Camp $225 per person
· This camp is for the player looking to get to the next level!
July 22-26 Gryphon Tennis Camp (Pre-k ~ JK) Germantown campus (10am - 1pm) $75 per person
Pre-k and Junior K Gryphons will have an opportunity to learn the basics at the GERMANTOWN campus! Our littlest friends are invited to join us for a big week of tennis! Campers will have a blast learning the basics of tennis, meeting new friends, and improving their hand-eye coordination. This is a perfect camp for students who are brand new to tennis or who want to continue to improve their skills. We hope your student will join us!
July 22-26 Gryphons Tennis Camp (Senior K -2nd grade) Collierville Campus (9am -12pm) $125 per person
Join Coach Mark Bran for a great introduction to the game of tennis! Campers will learn the basic skills of tennis and how to show good sportsmanship, and will have a great time learning among new and old friends! We hope this camp is a good MATCH...we’d LOVE to have you on the COURT!
July 22-26 Gryphons Tennis Camp (3rd - 6th) Collierville Campus (9am - 12pm) $125 person
This is a great camp for students who are interested in continuing to grow in their tennis skills and for those who are just beginning the sport. Coach Mark Bran will teach the basics to beginners and will help current players to advance their game. We know that this camp will be a HIT!
July 22-25 MS Open Prep Camp (4:30-6:00pm) $225 per person
· This camp leads into the MS Open Championships in New Albany, MS on July 26-29. A good tournament for all levels to play in! Coaches will travel with players to the tournament in New Albany, MS (additional fee applies)
August 5-7 St. George’s Champ Camp $150 per person
· Play smarter, play better! Summer is coming to a close so come out and enjoy some quality tennis! It’s the last chance before school starts!
SG Junior Players are encouraged to play in the following tournaments. Coaches will travel with the players to out of town tournaments
Tennessee State Jr. Qualifying May 31-June 5th Deadline: May 24th
Tournament ID - 700127319 TN L1/STA L2
Wolf River Junior Classic June 21-23 Deadline: June 17th
Tournament ID# 700122619 TNL4 Stat L5
Mississippi Open Junior Championships July 26-29 Deadline: July 24th
New Albany, MS MS L3, STA L4 Tournament ID # 700064719
St. George’s Junior Championships August 8th-11th Deadline: July 25th
Tournament ID# 700055019 (TN L2/STA L3)
****Fall programs will begin August 12th****